UJAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Utica Japanese Anime-tion Club

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

January 17th, Newsletter 100

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

January 17th, Newsletter 100 Empty
PostSubject: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:29 pm

Two records: 1, we've hit 100 newsletters in total for the club, and 2, the newsletter's actually up less than 24 hours after the meeting! But anyways

Ghost Talker's Daydream x2
Bleach
Ranma 1/2
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Ah! My Goddess S2
Slayers NEXT

Ghost Talker's Day Dream (1&2)- For 1, go look at the previous newsletter. As for 2... well, other than some very nice shots of Misaki waking up, we basically have her going on her daily routine with her dominatrix job. However, along the way to work, she run into Ai again, who says she's been able to see the ghosts, and Misaki tells her not to get involved in any way, shape or form, but to give her a call if she runs into trouble. Misaki gets to work, and goes throuhg the routine there, although she has to donate a pair of panties which leads to a bit of trouble. After that, Souichirou has another ghost job for her, and when they get to the location, we end up seeing into Misaki's past, showing that she was quite the outcast. Meanwhile, Ai's been seeing a very sad ghost upon a bridge, and despite Misaki's warning, she follows the ghost, hoping to help her out. Misaki otherwise deals with the ghost at the other place, and then ends up getting a message from Mitsuru that Ai's vanished. They head over fast, and Ai's been following her ghost, who apparently is very lonely, and wants to take Ai to the other side with her. Misaki and Souichirou intervene just in time, and Misaki is somewhat able to relate to the ghost, though she ends up tricking the ghost into destruction. Misaki leaves rather upset, muttering about Ai and how she can't really save souls, and then runs into bindweed, triggering old words.

Bleach (147)- With everyone in the Hollow Forest, albeit different parts, they have a few issues to deal with. Rukia fights Ashido, although it turns out to merely be a test to see how strong she, and she passes; Ichigo and the others have now lost Nel and her two 'brothers', and thus must fight through Hollow in order to find them. Rukia tells Ashido that she must find Ichigo and the others, and thus follows Ashido through the forest, taking out Hollow along the way, including an Adjuchas. Nel and the other two, meanwhile, have been captured, but the idea of using Nel's mask to show her Arrancar status comes up, and they make it mostly out before being stopped by an Adjuchas. Meanwhile, Ashido tells Rukia of his story, that he had a group of other shinigami folowed Hollow into the forest, where everyone but Ashido ends up being massacred. Then, another Adjuchas shows itself, along with Gillian, wanting to taking down Ashido once and for all. Thus, a battle ensues.

Ranma 1/2 (5)- With the problems between Akane and Ranma only growing, as she spars her father, some of her resentment towards Ranma shows itself in the sparring as she hits her father. This leads to Kasume (or however you spell her name) telling Akane never to hit anyone in anger again. Thus, when Ranma and Akane cross paths again, Akane holds back, despite what Ranma throws at her. Also, add this on top on the fact that the male population of the school has decided to let Akane 'have' Ranma, despite Kuno shwoing up for both female Ranma and Akane. Later, Ranma once more insults Akane, and this leads to her twisting him out of shape, which the local doctor fixes quite easily, though he stills ends up making sure that Ranma in forced to rely on Akane. Later, Kasume asks Akane to return something to the doctor for her, although Akane immediately runs, Ranma in tow. At this point, Ranma knows that Akane likes the doctor, but the problem is that at the end of the episode Akane reveals that the doctor already loves someone else, who's heading over at that point. After a slight bit of confusion on who the person, Ranma is told he'll see the girl soon enough, as we see Kasume heading to the doctor's.

Daphne (17)- As Gloria and Yu chase down a criminal and retrieve a baby pig, Yu reveal a soft spot for young ones. This leads to the random comment of Gloria saying that Yu should have one of her own, and I don;t think there's a need to say what happens to Gloria. However, when Yu comes home that night, she finds a baby on her doorstep. Thus, Yu ends up being a surrogate mother for the episode, with Gloria pitching in (and getting booted quite a bit too). Yu learns many things about motherhood, the do's (and most don'ts) of how to take care of a baby. Problems arise but are all solved (with many involving Gloria being booted, of course); however, when an email comes for Gloria as she and Yu are walking the baby, as the baby gets into trouble as the stroller rolls down stairs, Gloria makes the mistake of calling out the baby's name, and it's revealed that a story from earlier is false, and that Gloria is actually the baby's aunt (but apparently let Yu take care of the baby in order to get out the the work, and Gloria gets her ass kicked yet again).

Ah! My Goddess S2 (4)- The gang gets an invite from Sayoko to attend holiday party, and after some dining, the real reason for the invite is revealed: Sayoko, as usual, wants to somehow outdo Belldandy. Thus, many forms of entertaining competition between the two occur, with Belldandy naturally more than outdoing Sayoko. On the final competition (drinking), we learn something very interesting: Goddesses (or at least Belldandy) can easily hold their liquor, but they get drunk quite easily on soda. With Belldandy in this drunken state, she goes around trying to grant everyone happiness, and in return, Keiichi receives all sorts of misfortune. However, it turns out that there's always a slight twist to every wish granted, and there's one wish that even Balldandy can't grant, and that's being with the playboy. Keiichi is also around the hear Belldandy's speech, and then his misfortune becomes fortune, as the sides don't balance, leaving one more misfortune to happen, but he and Belldandy manage to escape. Keiichi then accidently makes a wish for never letting go of Belldandy's hand, and their hands are stuck together for a while, as the stuff wn't be repaired till morning, which really isn't quite so bad.

Slayers NEXT (3)- The crew is split over where to go for food, as Lina (with Gourry not objecting) wanting one place, and Zel and Amelia want another (insert Steve laughing here at the reactions of the crowd hearing the arguing). Thus, they do split, and inside the restaurants, each is approached by mercenaries of opposing sides. Thus, they inadvertently end up going against each other, doing all sorts of spells simply for money. It isn't until an arranged duel happens that they finally realize they're fighting each other (and how accurate the descriptions of them are), and as they decide on how to get out of this mess, an explosion happens in the city, and the arrival of low level beast things appear. Thus, Lina has Amelia use a spell to completely get rid of the beasts from both sides, and the people who hired them in the first place are arrested, as Gourry realizes none of them got paid. However, there still remains one mystery: Humans can't normally summon those thigns, so who really summoned the beasts? Answer: a mysterious person seen vanishing at the ned of the episode.

Rollcall:
Jeff da host
Dave da bleach maker
Tom What a Face
Andy 16 weeks of Hell
Steve Fan boy
Erin cherry

Note- due to my style of writing things, please take your time in reading (as I must work on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy anyways).
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 pm

WOW fast post!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
Animage

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:02 pm

See? Even I can fight the procrastination bug and get this thing up ASAP
Back to top Go down
jeff_da_host

jeff_da_host

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:13 am

Which is suprising considering the source. Heaven knows what it was like trying to get you to do your homework..... study Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 12:39 pm

ROFL
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
Animage

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:39 pm

jeff_da_host wrote:
Which is suprising considering the source. Heaven knows what it was like trying to get you to do your homework..... study Rolling Eyes

oh, don't you know? My homework was always the first thing I did

[/extreme amounts of sarcasm included in this post]
Back to top Go down
jeff_da_host

jeff_da_host

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:45 am

Ummm are you sure about that youngling????
Back to top Go down
Ultraman Mebius

Ultraman Mebius

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : anime, pc gaming. ect.......

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:32 am

OMG
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kira_yamato
Animage

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:59 am

jeff_da_host wrote:
Ummm are you sure about that youngling????

Oh yes, I'm quite sure about that

I'm also sure I've got a multi-million dollar house with a jacuzzi and water slide into a pool to sell you as well
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

Number of posts : 417
Job/hobbies : artist

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm

alright ..
there's one thing to be sarcastic..
there's another when it gets too stupid
Back to top Go down
http://groups.msn.com/dragonfountain
Animage

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Well, the house and jacuzzi bit sounds better than swampland in Florida, if you ask me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 17th, Newsletter 100   January 17th, Newsletter 100 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

January 17th, Newsletter 100
Page 1 of 1