UJAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Utica Japanese Anime-tion Club

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newsletter 164 of April 30th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Newsletter 164 of April 30th Empty
PostSubject: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:18 am

Well, several guys are going to the Con out in Chicago, so things will be a bit on the quiet side next time around... and did you guys decide on the most likely date for Renfair? Anyways, there was quite a bit of anime watching this time around

Lucky Star
Claymore
Darker than Black
Fate/Stay Night
Mai-Otome
009-1
Black Cat
Tenchi Muyo GxP

Lucky Star 4 (that which Jeff bought legally, compared to the bad version of Dave's clone...)- The various things that happen this episode: Konata learns that fake excuses= no one believes her when the real deal hits, the purple-haired twins have their birthday party (and of course Konata’s gifts to them are cosplay articles…), and otherwise Konata is still cramming material during late-nighters. We also find out that her dad is a complete otaku, and that’s how she became one herself, especially considering that her mother passed away when she was young.

Claymore 17- The battle against Dolf continues, especially since Clare was able to use the trick that allowed her to come back from the brink on Jean, and thus it becomes three claymores against one Awakened Being… except that with some encouragement from Riful, Dolf has managed to pretty well, and deal about the same about of damage to the claymores as they’ve dealt to him. However, with a strategy from Clare, Dolf appears to be inches away from being killed… until Riful steps in and shws her own power, and reveals exactly why she’s a Creature of the Abyss, as she saves Dolf from a fatal attack, and also tells Clare that the one she seeks is called the Silver King Isley, in the North.

DTB 5- We start out with a trio of contractors obtaining another contractor, who apparently is a very deadly one and was involved in a huge incident five years ago; however, despite having deadly abilities, she seems to have lost them all, and thus is wanted as a test subject by PANDORA. The mission is for the trio (who are from some British organization) to team up with the Japanese police force, and get Havoc (the contractor) to the Gate for PANDORA. So, after a bait-and-switch technique, she is dragged along… until the contractor in the mask (referred to as the Black Reaper by Havoc) interferes, and Havoc is taken by Li… and it turns out that Li knows this girl, her real name being Carmine, and she supposedly has connections to his missing sister, while the trio and police are both baffled by Carmine’s kidnapping.

F/S N 14- As Rin, Saber and Archer attempt to break shirou out from Illya’s mansion, they run into the problem of Berserker. However, Archer is to hold them off while they escape. Thus begins a showdown between the two servants, and as powerful as Archer is, Berserker is still the strongest of Servants for a good reason. As Archer lands multiple hits against Berserker, Rin and the other two run, and Rin feels that Archer is on the losing side of the battle. As Berserker still refuses to fall, Archer unleashes his most powerful attack, Unlimited Blade Works, and apparently kills Berserker multiple times… but in the end, Berserker is still somehow standing, and Archer has been killed, as Rin feels and is deeply upset, though she cannot express in in front of Shirou and Rin.

Mai- Otome 10- Major Wong manages to rescue Arika, and also brings her bac from a nasty fever, as the other otome search for the two. They end up running into trouble against a group called Aswald; fortune ately for them, before too much can happen, the Otomes (after some red tape and politicking), are able to save them, and a battle between the Otome and the group break out, the leader of the group (who’s another reincarnation from My-Hime) battling solo. However, the battle is interrupted by yet another group called Schwartz, who steals something from the leader of the Aswald group, temporarily ending the fight.

009-1 7- 009-1 is assigned to find out who’s been leaking information from one side to another, and in the process, meets a young boy who lives with his grandfather, as his father left his mother, and his mother eventually died as well, so he has a stepmother who is always bringing him gifts. As 009-1 stays with the boy, she comes to learn more about him and his grandfather; yet this peaceful lifestyle is shattered when 009-1 must actually do her job, and the boy is exposed to the dark side of things as 009-1 fights his stepmother for the info, causing the boy to run off, cursing all adults, and the grandfather too breaks down; we are shown that with the apparent Cold war going on, there are some very ugly sides to it as 009-1 leaves, her mission fulfilled.

Black Cat 3- Sven and “eleana” break into Torneo’s mansion, only to find Black Cat pointing a gun at the girl’s head, about ready to pull the trigger. Yet he cannot, and all escape as Torneo opens fire. With this bizarre events going on, Sven from answers… from “Eleana”, who’s really a sort of thief better known as Rinslette walker. It turns out that the girl, Eve, is a product of nanomachine research data, and is an extremely powerful bioweapon that Torneo uses as his own. However, as Sven discovers when he meets Eve out in the park, all she really is is a sheltered little girl who just happens to have a ton of power at her disposal, that unless she’s ordered to, won’t actually use. Thus, when Torneo’s goons show up and take her back, Sven is determined to free Eve from Torneo.

Tenchi GxP 23- The Galaxy Police commandeer the Kamidake and Fuku, giving no reason other than that they want it, and no amount of protesting can change things… plus the girls are too late to try and thwart any attempt to take the two. However, this whole thing seems a little fishy, and once Seina learns of these problems, he himself takes a ship to chase after the army… and with a little help from NB, finds out something extremely unsettling: that where Fuku and the Kamidake are being taken is an unknown area. Seina eventually crashlands on a nearby planet, and we learn the sinister truth: that Tarant Shank is behind all of this, and is trying to dissect Fuku for the immense power that Washu puts in her creations/children. Tarant learns of Seina’s arrival, and wants him found…

Rollcall:
Jeff
Dave
Erin
Steve
Nick
Andy
Tom
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

Number of posts : 303
Job/hobbies : R/C Helicopters I have 3 now all broke!!

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

Jeff Da' Host (loser)
Dave Mr. Sugar (is a con a' going)
Erin he who is not the Jesus
Steve the SLAYERS FAN!!!! (con OH!)
Nick is not Santa! (KON!!!)
Andy just not able to do the nicknames!
Tom tom the tom of DOOM!
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:40 pm

HAHAHA Dave is Mr.Sugar! ROFL I can't stop laughing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm

you amuse easily
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm

only when it's evil
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:06 pm

I was thinking DR insted of Mr. but lets not give him any credit
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:25 pm

The_Hellsing_man wrote:

Andy just not able to do the nicknames!

You really DON'T want to see the results when I try to be humorous... (if you think Dave is bad...)
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Andy... you ever go to Joecartoon? to parafraze a gerbil in a microwave: you don't have the ballz! no ballz!
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

Number of posts : 417
Job/hobbies : artist

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm

haha
Back to top Go down
http://groups.msn.com/dragonfountain
Animage

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:24 am

I've seen that courtesy of Jeff... and how about you just get squeezed until you end up like that gerbil?
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:02 pm

you do not have the handy-dandy Kung-fu grip. soooo I, have nothing to worry about!

now on to Gerbil Mantras: eeaatt ssshhhiiitttt annnnddddd ddddiiiieeeee!

I am just better than you Andy, I'm sorry but it's true.
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:14 pm

... and I'm sorry that you've convinced yourself into thinking that.

[/is now going to stop before Melissa gets uptight again]
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:41 am

hell i'm laughing along side steve

we're even more dangerous when we're on the same side
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:19 pm

well, last time things went off topic this fast, the thread was locked... I'd rather not have that happen again (then again, that time was mine and Erin's fault)
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:19 pm

The_Hellsing_man wrote:
For those who don't know he's referring to ball fondling here.
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:15 am

Elmekia Lance wrote:
The_Hellsing_man wrote:
For those who don't know he's referring to ball fondling here.

'cause you would know eh
Back to top Go down
eeyore_rae78

eeyore_rae78

Number of posts : 196
Job/hobbies : rad tech
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:39 am

hahahahaha I miss you guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rae_dyne
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:08 pm

I heard he's the biggest, dirtiest ball fondler this side of Dawston.
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:12 pm

oh quit the boosh references already
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:58 pm

... keep in mind this is Erin you're talking about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsletter 164 of April 30th   Newsletter 164 of April 30th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newsletter 164 of April 30th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UJAC :: General :: Anime Newsletter-
Jump to: