UJAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Utica Japanese Anime-tion Club

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

December 20, Newsletter 96

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

December 20, Newsletter 96 Empty
PostSubject: December 20, Newsletter 96   December 20, Newsletter 96 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:13 am

The second to last Newsletter of 2007

Bleach
Slayers
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Ah! My Goddess!
Samurai 7
Ranma 1/2

Bleach (145)- Ichigo and the other two find themselves caught up in a sandstorm, and manage to make it through. Then, after some talking amongst them, they continue on their journey, only to eventually find themselves interrupted by a group of Arrancar headed their way.

Slayers (26)- The Final Episode... of this season. Anyways, it's the final battle against Rezo, and the whole gang of Sypheil, Zelgadis, Lina, Gourry, and Amelia face off against him, with Lina now equipped with the Blessed Blade. After Gourry combines the Sword of Light with Ra-Tilts from Zel and Amelia, they manage to break the shield of Zannafar, thus allowing Lina to go and pin him against the tree with the Blessed Blade. This ends in (copy) Rezo's defeat, with him being buried beneath Flagoon. Thus, they're ready for new adventures that await them.

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue (14)- With their newly aquired submarine, the crew ends up helping an old man with his revenge against the "Sea Devil". Not believing that it exists, they try to set up a plan to just convince the old man; however, after their plan fails as they take a torpedo and then escape, the old man fires another torpedo, as Maia believe they're all killed, but when she finds they're alive, it shows her that there's much more to the deep blue than meets the eye.

Ah! My Goddess Season 2: Flights of Fancy (1)- With the effects of the Lord of terror having KO'ed the contract system, this means that soon Belldandy must go back to Heaven, especially since Keiichi can't remember the exact words he used in the first place. So, in order to spend as much time together as possible, they end up going on a true date. Fortuantwly for us, after the great time they have, Keiichi makes his wish, and it turns out to be the original contract, so all is well. (But dammit, the boy still didn't kiss her!).

Samurai 7 (18 )- Kambei, through the Guardians, heads to the capital and is brought before the Emperor, as he searches for Rikoji's wife and whatsherface's sister. He succeeds in finding both; however, Rikoji's wife is now the lover of the Emperor and carries his child, and he finds out from the sister that it was a ploy that got taken too far. Thus, he ends up a prisoner (he should've still killed the Emperor at last), but the sister knows he's up to something.

Ranma 1/2 (1)- Do I really need to put a summary?

Rollcall:
Jeff
Dave
Andy
Tom
Steve
Erin
Nick
Evan

Everyone in place of nicknames this time I thomas would like to leave everyone a nice new year's poem that i like.

THE NEW YEAR

by Jane W. Krows

A brand New Year arrived last night;
It came while I was waiting.
But I did not hear the horns or shouts
Of people celebrating.
Because, you see, I fell asleep
Before the hour, when
The old year silently passed out
And the New Year entered in.
But I have a clean new calendar
Which hangs before my eyes