UJAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Utica Japanese Anime-tion Club

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

October 30th, Newsletter 142

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

October 30th, Newsletter 142 Empty
PostSubject: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 am

Our Halloween aprty, and good anime to go with, along with pallning stages for Anime Central or Balitmore's con. But, onto the newsletter

Tenchi Muyo
Kiddy Grade
Shana
Devil May Cry
Black Lagoon the Second Barrage

Tenchi Muyo 13- Aeka, Yosho and Sasami’s mother(s) come to visit the group, and therefore Tenchi gets a slight dose of “Meet the parents”. Fortunately for him, he can go about his usual routine, as the mothers decide to mostly spend time with their daughters. However, ther father arrives, and wants Aeka and sasami to come back with him, and he’s already got a groom panned for Aeka. Since neither want to leave, the king has Tenchi duel the fiancé; While the king places his bet on the fiancé, the majority of females bet on Tenchi, and Washu on Mishoshi… and Mishoshi ends up crashing once more, KO’ing the fiancé. Thus, Aeka and Sasami can stay, as the parents leave.

Kiddy Grade 14- Éclair and Luminaire, still on the run, they have to get parts for the ship, and therefore visit a planet that’s undergoing terraforming. However, Tweedledee and Tweedledum are in pursuit, and Tweedledee plants a virus which causes their mecha to attack them. Thus, the girls are forced to fight and try to regain control of their machines; this is far more difficult than they thought, and in the end, it turns out the machines were programmed to destroy themselves one way or another, and did all they could do to spare the girls.

Shana 16- With Shana now a Flame Haze, her initiation begins by facing off against the Mystes looking for a mighty warrior. After finding out what it’s like to fight for her life, she ends up being able to wield the sword. Thus she must face the final test: Shiroh, a crimson denizen, made a binding vow along with Wilhelmina to the previous Blazing Eyed hunter to raise Shana, and thus Shiroh battles against Shana. Shana manages to win as the Palaces itself collapses, and thus she is told it is time for her own journey as a Flame Haze to begin.

Devil may Cry 12- With Sid having obtain the power of a demon called Abigail, things look grim as he starts out by destroying the city and summoning hordes of demons, and Lady and Trish end up having to battle them. Patty, her mother and Morrison run into the burning building, as Patty still has hope for Dante. After a few setbacks, she manages to go nito the demon world, and sees Dante pinned, but cannot do very much before she herself is pulled back to the real world. Meanwhile, demons have captured her mother and Morrison, and are about to get her when Dante now arrives on the scene, and proceeds to clean house before taking on Sid. With some initial difficulty, Dante takes hit after hit with ease, and finally manages to take Sid out. Patty then goes off with her mother, as Dante goes on another mission, with Lady and Trish in tow, and patty arrives back at HQ to clean up Dante’s mess.

Black Lagoon Second barrage 21 & 22- Yukio has now ascended to head of the Washime clan (with her friend finding out and getting a very hard dose of reality), she soon learns that there are those who oppose her, and nearly all her fellow yakuza are killed by this faction. They soon start beating up on her, and they end up kidnapping her. Rock and revy arrive to find the aftermath, and Gin shows up as well, and Rock manages to persuade him to help him and Revy look for Yukio.

They go the bowling alley, and Gin and Revy end up doing some good ole gunslinging and swordslashing, taking out the goons. Rock in the meanwhile goes off to find Yukio, and gets her away from her captor. This proves to have been a bad decision on his part, as he talks with Yukio tofind out that his ideas of saving her were nothing but an illusion, she has willingly chosen to become involved in this. She also tells him that he is indecisive about his position, standing neither in dark or light, but in the twilight, while she goes from light to dark. She declares him as her enemy, and after Gin and revy take care of the boss of the other gang, they leave the alley with Rock and Yukio in tow, Yukio praying that she and Rock never cross paths again.

Rollcall:
Jeff
Dave
Tom
Nick
Steve
Andy
Erin
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

Number of posts : 417
Job/hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:57 pm

good job andy
and..
where's the halloween spirit?
i know i wasn't in much of a halloween mood this year
which is odd..
and then erin told me you guys weren't either..

what's happened?
have we gone sane?
Back to top Go down
http://groups.msn.com/dragonfountain
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies

PostSubject: Re: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:00 am

I'm just in an x-mas mood. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:18 pm

Heh... I almost forgot about this, but my contract remains, and thus I got it in

anwyas, for a word of warning: there won't be a newsletter next week, as myself and Dave are at another function, and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one willing to do newsletter... (and I also wonder- how are Erin and Tom going to get rides?)

so, next newsletter will be in two weeks, but up that Monday
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies

PostSubject: Re: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 pm

shit, I forgot about that. Tom said if he'll have a ride he'll call me. If not I'd rather not wait for a bus to take me home. So I'll skip if I don't hear from him. It would be a lonely anime night for Jeff. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
Ultraman Mebius

Ultraman Mebius

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : anime, pc gaming. ect.......
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 pm

sorry about the wait! she said she will pick us up and bring u home. so we both will have to take the bus there to jeff's house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kira_yamato
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 30th, Newsletter 142   October 30th, Newsletter 142 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October 30th, Newsletter 142
Page 1 of 1