UJAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Utica Japanese Anime-tion Club

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

October 4, Newsletter 86

Go down 
+2
The_Hellsing_man
Animage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

October 4, Newsletter 86 Empty
PostSubject: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Procrastination: Bad for the soul, but it feels so good.

MOVIE NIGHT!
Bleach- Memories of Nobody
Spriggan

Bleach The Movie: Due to class I missed the first half of the movie, but here's the basic idea: Ichigo apparently meets up with some mysterious girl by the name of Senna, and ends up hanging out with her and whatnot. However, it appears she's a Soul Reaper herself, but has this group of more mysterious shinigami and weird enemies chasing after her.

Things then take a turn when several captains and leiutenants (sp) show up and reveal that Senna is neither human, Soul Reaper, or anything that we've dealt with before; she's a thing called the Memory Rosary and has some sort of ancient past. Ichigo then goes and attempts to defend Senna; however, those other shinigami from before show up, and apparently they're thousand-year old outcasts that are after Senna. Ichigo attempts to fend them off, but he is beaten by the leader and Senna is captured. He wakes up with the regular crew, and we find that Senna's most likely part of a plan to bring the real world and Soul Society crashing together, with Senna being the key. Ichigo won't let this happen, and after going with Rukia out into town and up high, he finds a portal into this realm called the Valley of Screams, which had appeared earlier on along with Senna.

Ichigo goes in as Rukia attempts to get soul society to help him out; however, they decide to fire the Kidou Cannon instead. In the Valley of Screams, Ichigo ends up battling those weird things called Blanks, along with the outcasts. However, Ichigo isn't allowed to have all the fun as several Captains and Leuitenants(sp) show up after learning what will happen, and fighting ensues, with the Soul Reapers unleashing bankai (well, excpet for Kenny, but he's still awesome without it), and taking down the outcasts. We also learn the history of the Blanks and the outcats at this point; that Senna is their focal point as they are made of lost souls, and the outcasts found this place after just barely surviving. Ichigo ends up going bankai and takes on the leader, naturally; however, in round two, despite taking a biyt of a beating and getting stuck, he shows off his power (along with some Hollow power), and in a samurai-style attack, destoys the leader. However, Senna is trapped by the blanks, and after some cutting and whatnot, manages to free her, though the Kidou Cannon does fire. The Valley is now collapsing, and they flee the place.

Back in the real world, it would seems things are still unstable, and Senna realizes that only she can stop it, as she's much rather sacrifice herself than see ichigo and hbis world go byebye. She uses up all her energy to seal it off, and Ichigo takes her to a graveyard, to find Senna's original tombstone (not sure if he actually finds her name on it or not), and Senna then goes into that particle-type death as she fades away. Despite this, Ichigo says he can still hear her voice, though Rukia says they'll all forget all of this soon. Credits roll.

After credits, the ribbon of Senna's that Ichigo had let fly before comes back to him on the same bridge, as he hears Senna's voice. He then sees a couple of girls running, and Senna's reincarnation* is seen running happily. Ichigo smiles and turns to leave. END.

* Due to various evidence, I'm saying she's the reincarnation; feel free to disagree with me, as you're all entitled to your own opinion on this.

Spriggan- An awesome movie, if you ask me. Once more, feel free to disagree. Starts out with some researchers in the mountains making a discovery of sorts; however, this causes a weird noise to be emitted and they all go splat, along with a satellite. Go past opening credits ( I think), and we have some guy on a mission of sorts in a jungle, fighting, and then being targeted by a sniper. This turns out to be a dream, as the guy wakes up in class, haunted by this. After talking with some guys, we find that one of his friends has been acting weird lately. Yu (the one who had woken up) goes up to the rooftop to talk with him, and it turns out the other one's been forced into suicide bombing, with the message "Noah will be your grave" written in blood on his shirt. The guy goes boom, causing injuries to Yu.

Yu heads to the agency he wroks for, and learns some factors: Such as the biblical testament and saying about Noah's Ark, and that there's another group after it. Yu, pissed about his friends, books a flight and heads to Turkey to get answers. There, he is met by an ambassador, and they get weapons checked. They then head off by car to meet up with friends; however, they ain't Yu's friends ans the ambassador pulls out a gun on Yu. Yu easily handles the situation, and ends up getting rid of pursuers through a market with a wild chase, then wen he loses the car, manages to stop a blade being swung at him and takes out the guy, before throwing the blade at observation equipment, saying they ain't ready to take on a spriggan.

He heads to the mountains where the Ark is, and after a misunderstanding, learns a bit more about the situation and gets his batlle armor. Soon, it gets put to the test, as forces from the US attack, namely the ones known as Fat Man, Little Boy and General McDougal. Another spriggan also shows up, and there's a gorefest as Fat Man and Little Boy (note- this time realized where the names came from) salughter people by the dozens, before Yu and Jean (the other spriggan) take em on. Yu keeps blasting at Fat Man, eventually taken him down, having taken a beating by him previously. Little Boy is captured by Jean.

In the lab, we see a glimpse of Yu's past, and then the General arrives, and it turns out he's a very powerful psychic, blasting Yu down. The doctor of the place tells the men to stand down, and him and McDougal have a talk abiout the Ark. After the talk, they head to the Ark, and once they figure out the puzzle and knwoing it's purpose, they manage to head in. Turns out the Ark is a weather control machine, and McDougal thinks he's been chosen by God.

Elsewhere, Yu is taking a beating from Little Boy, before Jean shows up and attampts to blast Little Boy. Jean goes after him, and after a hell out a time involving explosions and a vehicle, Little Boy dies after the vehicle explodes and falls off a cliff. Yu rescues Jean from falling, then heads off to find the doctor, leaving Jean in other care. After firing off an explosive, Yu heads into the Ark (remember, explosions fix everything). Meanwhile, McDougal has been giving the doctor and his assistant, Margaret, a small tour and introduction of the Ark. As Yu searches himself, he sees leftover dinosaurs, and McDougal explains his theory of the Ark being able to create life.

After the doctor refuses to join McDougal, he sets off the Ark and causes not-so-natural disasters across the world. Yu, in the mean time, sees various images flash by, and after blasting one of em, manages to find the group. He has Margaret and the doctor get out, and takes on McDougal himself. He ends up taking a very severe beating, and then we learn that Yu is actually a former 'perfect' solder of the Cosmos Operation, who went beserk and killed his entire unit (minus the Commander, Fat man) after killing people who looked like his dead parents. This also caused Yu to get his real name back, and McDougal says they're alike. In a rage of being called a mere number, Yu battles through McDougal's psychic field and stabs him, although not killing him, taking mercy on the boy. Thus turns out to be a mistake as McDougal decides to use the last of his strength to set off the self-destruct mechanism, and is sucked into the void created. Yu flees, and ends up having Jean rescue him out of the Ark. After it all falls apart, they manage to get a lift via grappling hook on a helicopter, and the movie ends as they're reuntied with the rest of the group, and it pans out to show the Earth being back to normal (I guess). Credits roll, THE END.

Whew... and Melissa, those summaries were just for you

Roll Call:
Jeff Steven Spielberg
Dave Chicken Boo
Tom Yakko warner
Erin Wakko warner
Andy Dot warner (note- at least I'm the cute one!)
Nick Buttons
Evan Pinky
Steve Brain
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

Number of posts : 303
Job/hobbies : R/C Helicopters I have 3 now all broke!!

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 2:21 pm

pinky, are you thinking what i'm thinking?
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

Number of posts : 417
Job/hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 3:14 pm

>>>>>>>very very pissed off<<<<<<<<<<<<

again..
i am really pissed off that movie night wasn't announced as
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE COME TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>>>>>>>very very pissed off<<<<<<<<<<<<

Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

~rawr, meow
Back to top Go down
http://groups.msn.com/dragonfountain
Animage

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Something tells me that it became movie night at the very last second. Probably a case of Jeff had the movie, and said, let's run it
Back to top Go down
eeyore_rae78

eeyore_rae78

Number of posts : 196
Job/hobbies : rad tech
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 pm

gotta say i do like the rolling "pissed off" credits...lol
god, i really miss going to the meetings. oh well,
need $ to live.... Sad stupid living.....why can't i be
a vampire. then i won't need $ for food.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rae_dyne
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:34 am

yeah all you would need then is to leach off others

vampire's suck, werewolves drool, mummy's come unwrapped, and how can a zombie needs brains to live?
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:36 am

ah alucard is the ex. that proves the rule.
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:04 am

unacceptable!
movies should be announced at ALL TIMES...
i command it...
or i will bite somebody...
in a mean way
grawr
Back to top Go down
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:44 pm

afaik only Jeff and Dave knew that night was gonna be movie night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:47 pm

hey Erin why don't you throw Jeff and Dave under the bus?

oh wait, you just did.
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:37 pm

jeff, dave..
your asses are mine!
Back to top Go down
Ultraman Mebius

Ultraman Mebius

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : anime, pc gaming. ect.......
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:42 pm

um we did say we were going to have a movie night for bleach when steve was going to be around for it like 4 weeks ago
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kira_yamato
eeyore_rae78

eeyore_rae78

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 11:26 pm

ooooo you just set yourself up there for melissa's
wrath....... affraid
Back to top Go down
Ultraman Mebius

Ultraman Mebius

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : anime, pc gaming. ect.......
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:17 am

well I dont care. we talked about it before we left at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kira_yamato
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:02 am

dumbass, i don't go to the meetings..
if a movie night was announced,
it should have been written..
and i should have been told..
there was NOTHING written here
and NOBODY knew except the people who brought it
movie nights should always be announced..
and that's that!
stupid
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 3:15 pm

I'm gonna have to second that the night wasn't announced... or at least, not that I recall

but hey, it's over, it's done with, so I wouldn't bother complaining.

And also... careful about Jeff and Dave, because Jeff still controls the meetings (and Dave is just Dave)
Back to top Go down
The_Hellsing_man

The_Hellsing_man

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 6:09 pm

I do not fear Jeff for he is Jeff and I am Steven see I have more letters in my name therefore I am better. HA!
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:31 am

then I have more power because Andrew is six, compared to five and four

however, I'm afraid that power doesn't work that way

oh wait... I just realized that I still lose (due to using full name)

[/shuts up]
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 3:10 am

well i have seven .. so there...

and jeff does not control the meetings..
he's just the meeting host..
the third if i remember correctly..
let's see..
there was the library,
and my cousin ronald's..
then sage's empty apartment...

ok he's the fourth place...

erin and i started this thing called a club..
and nobody holds power over anything..
even me..
so..
i can complain to people who lack the courtesy
to let members know when there's gonna be a movie night
Back to top Go down
Animage

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:46 am

*laughs* now this newsletter is starting to look like the ones on the old forum, with all the off-topicness (or something along those lines)
Back to top Go down
eeyore_rae78

eeyore_rae78

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:30 pm

yay, "off-topicness"!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 4, Newsletter 86   October 4, Newsletter 86 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

October 4, Newsletter 86
Page 1 of 1