UJAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Utica Japanese Anime-tion Club

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

September 27, Newsletter 85

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

September 27, Newsletter 85 Empty
PostSubject: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:43 pm

Hey, I even put this up early.

Ah! My Goddess
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Samurai 7
Slayers
Bleach
Battle Angel
Black lagoon x2

Ah! My Goddess (16)- Mara enlists the help of a spirit of sorts to wreck the peaceful life of Keiichi and co, and also takes over Megumi. This causes Maegumi to do a bunch of thigns which keiichi that are extremely strange and more or less not right, but fortunately for us, Belldandy is rather naive. However, despite all Mara's attempts, Belldandy ends up thawrting her, and all is well between keiichi and Belldandy, and as for Mara... well, back to the drawing board.

Daphne (6?)- In class, therefore didn't see

Samurai 7 (11)- Missed most of this, but I guess the samurai arrive in the village, and at the end, one villager rats them out, and thus Katsu must kill the bandit... making it his first kill. The first time is never easy, eh?

Slayers (14)- Lina and Gourry must help a young rich boy against Cali the Sorceress, and this force slIne into a fake marriage. Cali finds a way to expose everything and then tries to get the bounty on Lina's head while competing aginst our favorite pair of bounty hunters... and in the end, the entire place gets blown up (and lina hasn't a single promised cent).

Bleach (137)- The rogue Arrancar and Shinigami face off, and as Renji faces down the leader (taking a beating in the process), the Mod souls figure out his weakness, and after a lot of bankai and high-level fighting, the rogues are taken down. However, it's discovered that Aizen let them go, as they have a fake thingy. Also, Ulquirria(sp) reports to Aizen on Orihime's power.

Battle Angel (2)- This focuses on Gally's 'boyfriend', Yugo, who's determined to go to Zolem. However, he has a price on his head, and a couple of bounty hunters try to take him out. Gally has also been trying to stop Yugo from going, not wanting to lose her lover. However, he's one persistent kid. After he gets slain, Ido manages to fix him up, and it is revealed that going to Zolem is all a lie. This causes Yugo to crack, and he climbs up the tubes. However, a defense system cuts him down, and gally is left holding onto his arm as the rest of Yugo falls to the ground. We also find out that the woman who'd been working against Ido (Charin?) has been killed and all her organs in jars, and Ido kicks ass against the other guy and his robot. In the end, we have two heartbroken people, as Ido and Gally launch a balloon containing Yugo's arm and Charin's earing into the sky.

Black lagoon (11&12)- Due to politics and hatnot, crime boss Mr. Chang has the crew deliver some documents off. However, there are people after Mr. Chang and the documents, and Revy and him dispatch the first wave with excellent gunslinging as the others clear out. Fake briefcases are sent out, with Revy and Rock taking the real one as everyone splits off. IN a ghost town, they meet up with a top guy of the faction working aginst them, and Rock gets captured as revy teams up with "Ms. Chinglish" (who knows how to wield needles and a nice blade). While Ms Chinglish and her partner would love to go, they have to rescue Rock first. He's being held at a camp, where the guy from earlier is trying to get a conversation going and not succeeding. After taking out the ones following them, Revy and the two arrive at the camp, and aren't very subtle. Rock gets rescued, and then they have to get the hell out of there as Ms. Chninglish and revy take out their followers. Finally, they manage to see the documents off, and Rock comes to a few realizations (and I still say how Revy tries to cheer him up is more implication, but that's just me).

Roll Call:
Jeff da host
Dave da bleach maker
Little Nicky
Andy (very bad) student
Evan Pinky
Tom Dracula
Erin Freddy Krueger
Back to top Go down
Ultraman Mebius

Ultraman Mebius

Number of posts : 235
Job/hobbies : anime, pc gaming. ect.......
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 7:59 pm

September 27, Newsletter 85 1191419791380
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kira_yamato
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:08 pm

ROFL and I do love the freddy movies, bought the WS VHS, got the LaserDisc with more extras than the DVD box set, yeah have the set too and even made my own cut of Freddy vs Jason with the Freddy ending.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
vehementflame

vehementflame

Number of posts : 417
Job/hobbies : artist

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:59 pm

what does that have to do with the newsletter?
you dorks
Back to top Go down
http://groups.msn.com/dragonfountain
Ragna Blade
Panasonic Whore
Ragna Blade

Number of posts : 238
Job/hobbies : Dental Technician / Collecting video games and movies

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:58 pm

see my nickname
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/stepinto/UJAC.html
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:58 am

dorks
Back to top Go down
vehementflame

vehementflame

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 am

also..
andy....
erin informed me that you guys watched movies at yesterdays meeting...
!!!!!
if i had known it was going to be a movie night i would've went!!!!!!!!!
so..
i'm upset with you, because..
you're there
Back to top Go down
Animage

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:11 pm

I have no control over whether or not you go, so don't blame me

besides, I'll probably end up doing a (mostly) total recap in the next newsletter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 27, Newsletter 85   September 27, Newsletter 85 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 27, Newsletter 85
Page 1 of 1